Employment Counsel On-Call
The clouds have aligned to create the perfect storm for HR Professionals and C-Suite Executives and we offer your company shelter from the storm. This On-Call Service provides your company with Quasi-In-House Employment Counsel to address day-to-day HR-related risk management issues when they occur.
We all confront the reality that our workforce is heavily regulated by state and federal law. Our compliance obligations are onerous; and our liability (in some cases liability is personal and vicarious) and exposure is extraordinary:
- The DOL and IRS are watching. Is your company in compliance with state and federal independent contractor laws?
- The intersection of the FMLA, the ADA, workers' compensation and state leave laws are complex. The monitoring of this process can result in significant business costs – excessive absences, loss of productivity and substantially increased legal liability.
- Did you know that your workplace is governed by the Federal Trade Commission and the National Labor Relations Act?
- Ready for OSHA – They're here. With OSHA's increased focus on employer operations, it is risky to be unprepared for a safety inspection or a whistleblower complaint.
- How well prepared are you to defend a disability discrimination case?
- Federal contractors beware – Is your Affirmative Action Plan up to date under the OFCCP program? Are you conducting your underutilization analysis accurately? Are you prepared to address the significant new compliance obligations that become effective next year?
- The digitization of work will continue to raise legal issues. Has your company taken steps to address its exposure to the liability created by the increase in employee connectivity to the office?
- Employment lawsuits have risen 400% over the last 20 years with the average compensatory award in federal employment cases now exceeding $500,000. These numbers are expected to double in the next decade. These are just a few examples of the types of issues that will be addressed under this service.
There has never been a greater need to address employment law compliance issues at the front end. Under this Service your company will have telephone and email access to the employment lawyers at our Firm – to insure that the best possible decisions are made when employment law or HR-related risk management issues present for a fixed monthly fee. We will tailor the fixed fee to fit your company's needs. The Employment Counsel "On-Call" Triage Service is limited to advice and counsel on all employment law topics that can be provided by telephone conversation or a concise email response. The Service does not include: the drafting of or interpretation of documents; factual investigations related to issues presented; representation of your company in contested administrative cases or litigation; IRC/IRS or ERISA-related health, welfare or retirement issues. If your company retains the Firm to perform services beyond the Employment Counsel "On-Call" Triage Service then the Firm will do so at our standard hourly rate.
Any telephone or email message that you identify as urgent will be responded to within an hour and all other messages will be responded to within 24 hours.
Clients will also have an opportunity to have the seasoned employment lawyers at Foley & Foley, PC conduct a Diagnostic Audit of Employment Policies and Practices and/or update your company's Employee Handbook.
In some jurisdictions this document may be considered lawyer advertising. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before hiring an attorney, your company should independently investigate the attorney's reputation and qualifications and decide for yourself if you want to retain that attorney. Foley & Foley, PC will be please to provide you with any information about its services, qualifications and fees.
To get started simply contact Mike Foley at email@example.com; or call our Falmouth office at 508-548-4888.